Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season! Michael and I were able to spend five jam packed days in Chicago before heading to the Bay Area, which is where we will be for the next few days. Since I’m a Californian I rarely see snow, but this year I loved soaking up the festive snowy Holiday activities around the city of Chicago. Below is a list of my top five favorite things to do in Chi-Town for the holidays. Enjoy!
1) The Nutcracker. Do I even need to explain!?! The Joffrey Ballet performers are world renowned and they put on a truly magical show at the Chicago Auditorium. What’s more fun than the Nutcracker? Opting for the VIP Nutcracker experience which includes a stay at the beautiful J.W. Marriot, a hot chocolate night cap (you can get yours spiked if you want) a signed ballet shoe, poster, ballet shoe cookies and an in room breakfast for two the next day. #TotesAmaze
2) Walking down Michigan Ave is a must during the holidays. Since it’s probably going to be a bit chilly (and by chilly I mean freezing!) my advice is to get a hot chocolate from Ghirardelli and stroll down the street enjoying the high end shops, watching the people and doing some shopping.
3) Ice Skating at Millennium Park is such a fun thing to do with friends, family and/or a significant other. The happy holiday music will be sure to put you in the mood as you soar across ice all while enjoying beautiful city views.
4) State Street and Macy’s, formerly Marshall Fields, is iconic for it’s old-fashioned window displays. If you have kids, they will LOVE this.
5) Christ Kindl Market Village is a German inspired shopping village that pops up every year before Christmas where people can go and enjoy German food, beer, fancy ornaments and adorable German trinkets.
I made a fun video below highlighting all the things mentioned. Be sure to check it out and have a happy happy holiday!