I hope these sick day hacks are helpful. And if you’re sick I hope you feel better soon. Big thank you to Robitussin for partnering with me on this post.
Cold season is (unfortunately) upon us again! If you have kids you know you’re pretty much doomed. While my boys are cutie pies they are still germ machines and have managed to get me sick SO MANY times. That’s the perk of having one in daycare and one in preschool. (Oh hi sarcasm, have we met?) Because of my abundant experience with colds, coughs, congestion, barf, etc, I’ve found a few Sick Day Hacks that made me feel a little bit better. Kids will inevitably get you sick along this parenthood journey and it’s important to have a couple go-to’s to make yourself feel as best as you can. They’re all probably obvious but I’ll remind you anyway in case you’re too sick to use your brain. (Hey- it happens!)
1) I start with the basics; NEW Robitussin Honey Cough + Chest Congestion DM. It soothes and coats the throat on contact and is made with real certified honey. The non-drowsy formula relieves chest congestion and helps to loosen mucus. Yes please! Bye mucus- I don’t want ya and I certainly don’t need ya. It’s also gluten free and does not contain any artificial colors. It also smells and tastes great- full of honey! That a win win for me.
2) Next, I put on my most comfy jammies and find that sweet spot on the couch. I like to bundle myself up in a cozy blanket, basically turn myself into a human burrito and sip on some hot tea with honey. (Maybe a Hot Toddy if it’s been a particularly rough day!)
3) Speaking of burritos, I order my favorite meal. Comfort food for me personally is a burrito, lasagna, ramen or pho. All the delicious carbs my heart desires. Calories don’t count when you’re sick. Remember that and enjoy! I like to eat my food on the couch while watching a movie. Since I never eat while on the couch, it feels indulgent and special. I also like an insane amount of spiciness added to anything I’m eating. Something about making myself sweat bullets when I’m eating makes me feel like I’m killing my cold… and I like that. I also just love spicy food.
4) When it comes to sick day movies I’m a sucker for something super funny or super nostalgic. For funny, my go-to’s are Bridesmaids, The Hangover, Inside Amy Schumer, Broad City and Best of Chris Farley from SNL. For nostalgia I go for Dirty Dancing, Troop Beverly Hills, Empire Records (Oh Rexy You’re So Sexy! Lol)
5) This “hack” is super obvious, but as a reminder I TAKE A HOT BATH. I like to add detox salts to mine, light a candle, turn off the lights and play spa music. Trust me, it makes a difference when you transform your bathtub into a spa.
P.S. I have a BONUS HACK for ya! Robitussin makes a Children’s Cough and Cold with Honey as well. So when the whole family is sick together the whole family can Robitussin together too!